Donate Now! - Click here
Please contact Sandra Robinson at 850-875-2481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Send gifts to P.O. Box 568, Quincy, FL 32352.
For online donations click the "Donate Now" button.
* * *
* * *
Conceptual Sketch of Future Building Phases for St. John COGIC Quincy
The goal is to use the church as a multi-use building designed as a community center with many functions dedicated to the community of St John and the wider regional community.
The mission is to serve as a worship and outreach center to service the community needs of the neighborhood, provide a gateway to self-improvement, teach life-skills, and to provide spiritual guidance and worship.
The need: Gadsden County is one of the poorest counties in Florida. About 80% of school-age children receive free or reduced lunch. With the building of the new facility, St. John will play a unique role in the landscape of services available to the underserved communities in the county.
The building is designed to provide overlapping functions as a seven day operational campus with the following proposed uses.
- Parking Lot and Holding Pond
- Meet community needs by implementing service programs
Phase One - Assembly Building
- Assembly area designed as a Performing Arts Center and Worship Center
- Classrooms for education and training
- Fellowship Hall
- Storm Center and FEMA Recovery Response Program
Phase Two - Site Expansion
The second phase will make use of the remaining land for sporting activities and recreation. The vision is to develop the field area south of the main structure for teenage soccer (mini soccer) and other family sports events within a park setting with cookout areas.
Phase Three - Courtyard Expansion
- Administration Center
- Community Outreach Offices to support rehabilitation, education and training, job growth
- Programs for performing arts and cultural development
- Coffee shop and deli with Internet access for members
- Start-up business suites
- Small retail outlets (i.e., hair salon, boutique, satellite medical office, etc.)
- Food bank
- Sports Center
The Performing Arts Program and facilities will provide a gateway into entertainment to learn performance, stage management, audio-visual engineering at a secular and non-secular level.
The third phase will allow a courtyard addition with church offices, as well as potential rentable space to generate income to sustain the remainder of the program. The courtyard (or village square) van would become a popular meeting place for the immediate community of St John which lacks a neighborhood center.